After a recent trip to Mexico, I just couldn’t stop eating tacos… so I needed them even in the morning, so I made breakfast style tacos!
Perfect timing for Cinco de Mayo, too!
- 1 russet potato cubed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 small flour tortillas (I love the ones from Tr
- 2 slices of cheese I used a cashew based non-dairy cheese
- 1/2 ripe avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt or sour cream if you're not being dairy-conscious like me!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional: your favorite hot sauce!
Heat a medium fry pan on medium heat, add olive oil and potatoes. Coat potatoes with paprika, cayenne, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until potatoes are soft all the way through, remove from the pan and set aside--cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk until combined. In the same pan, add a little butter. When butter starts bubbling add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stirring often, cook until your they are no longer wet.
Top each tortilla with a slice of cheese, potatoes, eggs, avocado, greek yogurt (or sour cream) and hot sauce!
Optional: your favorite hot sauce!