Acai powder contains fiber, antioxidants, and has other heart-healthy benefits. Adding chia seeds is yet another way to boost your health by adding Omega-3 fatty acids and more fiber!
Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 banana Tip: you can actually freeze your bananas by cutting them and placing them in a zip lock bag
- 1 heaping cup of frozen mangoes
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of Acai Powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup apple juice try to find a natural one with no preservatives
- Optional: sometimes I put in a pinch of cinnamon!
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 3 strawberries sliced
- Coconut shavings
- Chia seeds
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined. Pour out the smoothie into a bowl and add your favorite toppings!
The toppings are up to you, but I used fresh blueberries, bananas, and strawberries with chia seeds and coconut shavings. You can basically use any fruit here (passion fruit, blackberries, kiwis..you get the picture!). I also like to use granola for these as well. Cocoa nibs are also another topping you can use.