I tested this recipe out four times before it was absolutely perfect! Dare I say it’s better than any other I’ve tried..!? Yes, you MUST make this.
I’ve eaten so much banana bread lately trying to get this right and I can confidently say… this is the BEST. Especially when enjoyed warm! I love adding the extra banana on top too, it almost reminds me of bananas foster the way that it cooks on top.
- 3 over ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup almond milk or other dairy-free milk or choice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cashew butter or other nut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted (or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup applesauce no sugar added
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg or 2 teaspoons flax meal to make it vegan
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teasooon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chunks or chips plus more for topping
- 1 over ripe banana cut in half lengthwise
Preheat oven to to 350 degrees. Line a 8.5” x 4.5" loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with canola oil.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, almond milk, sugar, cashew butter, applesauce, vanilla extract and egg (or flax meal).
Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined. Pour batter into your pan. Top with optional sliced banana and more chocolate chips
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Continue to cool on a wire rack.
I love to take a slice and place it in a bowl and microwave it for about 20-30 seconds and eat it with a spoon… but that’s just me 🙂 You can also spread some nut butter or nutella on your slice!
What do you think?