- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg use freshly grated for more flavor!
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts I do a rough chop so there's some larger chunks!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I prefer semi-sweet
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using an electric mixer on medium-high, mix brown sugar and butter in a mixing bowl for about 4 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time until combined. Then add bananas and mix until just combined. Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt).
Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix in cream and vanilla extract. Lastly, gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
Spray a loaf pan (about 9x5 inches) with cooking oil and pour batter into the pan. Bake until cooked all the way through--you can use a knife or wooden stick (chopstick or toothpick) to stick in the middle and if comes out clean, it's done--about 50-60 minutes.