Have you ever made chimichurri at home? It is SO fresh and jam packed with flavor and pairs so well with steak or chicken but I recently topped these crispy, salty fingerling potatoes with my homemade chimichurri recipe and it was a match made in heaven!
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes washed and cut lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season liberally with kosher salt and black pepper. Toss the potatoes until they are well coated and then place all the potatoes with the cut side down.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bottom begins to brown and the inside is soft and cooked through. If you want them extra crispy, you can also use the broiler for another 2-3 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, shallot, and jalapeño. Next, mix in the cilantro and parsley. Then using fork, lightly whisk in the oil. (It is very important that you hand chop everything and do NOT use a blender or food processor you will end up with more of a paste.)
Top the potatoes with the chimichurri and enjoy!
What do you think?