Garlic & White Wine Braised Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts I like white meat, but you can substitute or add dark meat if you'd like!
- Kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves crushed (you can use the back of your knife to slightly crush and open up the garlic)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and paprika. In a large pot (I used my dutch oven) heat olive oil and cook chicken as to slightly brown all sides, about 10 minutes.
Remove chicken and set aside. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add in chicken stock and white wine and bring to a boil. Add chicken and rosemary and reduce heat. Season with salt and pepper and cover the pot and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Remove rosemary springs and serve.
I served my chicken over paprika roasted potatoes - recipe coming soon! I actually love how this dish serves up the next day...it just soaks in more flavor over night! Perfect for making lunch or dinners for the week or for a make-ahead dinner!