I’ve been on a salad kick lately, trying to find salads that are delicious to make at home and I’m learning it’s equally the ingredients in the salad itself as it is the dressing! And this Tahini dressing is now one of my go-to’s in my house! It’s made from all clean ingredients, too!
I also have a theory that I think is pretty sound.. which is that food tastes better when there is more surface area exposed. For example, if I’m eating a deli sandwich I’ll ask that they slice the meat extra thin. And for salads, I swear they taste better when you chop everything into smaller pieces which I focused a lot on for this recipe and it paid off for sure!
Rainbow salad with Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa cooked and cooled
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups diced purple cabbage
- 1/2 bell pepper diced (any color, I used yellow)
- 2 large carrots pepper and grated
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts chopped roughly
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 shallot diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons shoyu, tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 1-2 inch knob ginger
- Water to thin if needed
Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl or container.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar or small bowl and shake or whisk until well combined. I like to use a mason jar in case I have leftovers and can easily store it in the fridge this way!
Dress the salad to serve (I like to only dress the portion that I'm eating and then store any leftover salad and dressing separately in the fridge) and enjoy!