Skillet Cranberry Crumble
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated if you have!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: vanilla bean ice cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a cast iron skillet (bottom and sides). In a bowl, mix together cranberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar and walnuts. Pour mixture into the skillet.
In a clean mixing bowl, beat eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg with electric mixer. Stir in the flour (with a rubber spatula). When combined, beat in the butter a little at a time and then the vanilla extract.
Pour the batter on top of the crabberry mixture. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the batter is set (Tip: take a toothpick and stick it in the middle, if it comes out dry it's done).
Optional: serve with vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy!