I couldn’t believe myself how easy and full of flavor this pasta was to put together! I had the idea of blending in roasted red peppers with a jar of pasta sauce to make an easy, elevated pasta sauce at home and added in some other simple ingredients that really took this to the next level.
This sauce easily made it to my go-to recipes to make for dinner and make extra to take to work the next day as it heats up very well!
What makes it spicy? I added some cayenne pepper that made for such a delightful kick. Add in as little or as much as you want but taste as you go:
- 1 16-oz box dry pasta of your choice I used Barilla pipette
- 1 25 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1 16 oz jar of roasted red peppers drained
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cashew or oat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
Optional for sauce (but recommended!)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast I like the nutty flavor it adds
- 3-4 cloves of roasted garlic See notes for recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. When water is boiling, add in pasta and cook al dente according to box instructions.
While pasta is cooking, add all other ingredients to a blender and blend on high until creamy. For the cayenne pepper, you can add as little or as much as you want-just be sure to taste as you go!
Mix cooked pasta with the sauce. Top with optional parmesan cheese (or dairy-free parmesan) and enjoy!
What do you think?