I’ve been trying to create a peanut sauce for salad dressings, marinades and stir fry dishes and I’ve finally perfected it! I actually started jumping around my kitchen in sheer excitement when I tasted this final batch because it came out exactly how I envisioned after a few attempts and tweaks along the way!
I recommend using this as a salad dressing or marinate it with chicken or steak or stir fry it up with any protein (tofu, chicken, steak, or shrimp to name a few). Since PB is the star of this recipe, I would recommend that you find and use a good quality peanut butter as a base for this sauce (I like Trader Joe’s Organic creamy peanut butter) that doesn’t have any added sugars.
- 1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar brown or regular
- Juice from half a lime
- 1/4 cup water or more if you prefer it thinner
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a small knob of fresh ginger peeled
- a clove of fresh garlic peeled
Place all ingredients into a powerful blender or food processor and blend until fully combined.
Store up to 7 days in an airtight container (e.g., a mason jar) in the refrigerator.