Sometimes I cheat and microwave my potato for 8 minutes, BUT there’s nothing that compares to doing it just right and getting that perfectly crispy skin!
The Perfect (Loaded) Baked Potato
- 4 Russet potatoes washed and dried
- Kosher salt about 1/2 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil about 1-2 tablespoons
- 10 slices of thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 8-10 stalks of scallions sliced
- Sharp cheddar cheese grated ( about 1/2 - 1 cup...depending on how much you love cheese)
- Sour cream 16 oz
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a layer of salt where you will place each potato (this helps prevent the bottom of the potato from burning!).
Rub the outside of the potatoes with olive oil and set on the salt. Before putting them in the oven, poke the potatoes with a fork about 3 times to let out steam during the cooking process.
Bake for an hour. Your fork should be able to easily go through the center to check if they're done. Let them rest for 2-3 minutes. Taking your fork, poke holes down the center of each potato and open them with your hands (you can use a dish towel if they're still hot to the touch).
Add your toppings!