This classic is based on my late Grandma’s recipe, which was always my favorite growing up!
My grandmother’s trick was always to add fresh lemon juice! With some of my own additions, this tuna salad is truly deli-quality!
- 4 cans tuna I use Safe Catch
- 1 large carrot or 2 small-medium sized carrots, cubed
- 3 stalks celery cubed
- 1 cup good Mayonnaise I use Helmann's
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 large pinches of kosher salt
- 2 small pinches of black pepper
Drain the water or oil from each can of tuna into the sink. Add tuna to a mixing bowl (Tip: I use the tupperware I know that I'll store it in!) and with a fork, start breaking down the tuna into very small pieces.
Add the mayonnaise and mix until combined. Add in carrots, celery, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and combine.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.