Caesar salad used to be one of my favorite things to order growing up.. until I grew up and learned how incredibly unhealthy caesar dressing is! So I was determined to find a way to still enjoy this salad and its dressing but in a healthier way and this dressing is definitely IT!
This dressing is completely dairy-free and vegan! How did I accomplish that? Mostly with cashews, nutritional yeast, and capers..
Stay tuned for recipes upcoming for homemade croutons and putting it all together for a vegan caesar salad!
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers in brine
- 2-3 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper or more to taste
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until well combined. Season with more salt and/or pepper to taste and enjoy!
Dressing can be stored in an air tight container (e.g., a mason jar) in the fridge for up to a week.
What do you think?