This dessert really impressed my family—and myself!
I’ve recently been collaborating with Detox Organics, a plant-based supplement that helps with eliminating toxins, boosting energy and lessening inflammation. I’ve incorporated this chocolate powder into this recipe to help with digestion and staying balanced!
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup coffee room temperature
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 scoops Detox Organics or ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup vegan butter I used Nature’s Balance
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese I used Kite Hill
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick spray.
Combine almond milk and vinegar in a large mixing bowl and let it set for about 5 minutes. Then, add in the oil, coffee, vanilla, and applesauce and using an electric mixer, beat until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly incorporate the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and beat until well combined. Pour batter into your pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean (i.e., not with wet mixture on it).
While the cake is baking, combine vegan butter, cream cheese, vanilla and matcha powder and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar and using a electric mixer, beat for about 20-30 seconds.