I started making overnight oats recently after wanting to both save some money by taking breakfast to work and to have a healthy start to the day!
These oats are so tasty on their own, and absurdly easy to make, but the berry compote just makes for a delicious addition!
Here we go...
- 8 heaping tablespoons of oats
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 cap fills vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Step 1. Add all ingredients to a mason jar, close the jar and give it a good shake to make sure it's all combined. Let it sit for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Step 2. In a small pot, add berries, water and sugar and cook on low heat for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it begins to reduce.
- Step 3. When the oats are ready, top with the berry Compote and enjoy!