Take your pea soup to the next level!
This pea soup is not like your grandmother's. It's spicy and creamy with hints of mint and garlic. Perfect with a French baguette (or even garlic bread)!
- 2 bags frozen peas
- 7-8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green chilies, chopped (Tip: if you can't find fresh green chilies try canned, use about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 large white onion, chopped finely
- Mint leaves, chopped (approx. 2 cups before chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2/3 cups sour cream
- Kosher salt (approx. 5 pinches)
- Black pepper (approx. 3 pinches)
Step 1. Sauté onions, garlic, chillies, and mint until onions are translucent (about 3 minutes).
Step 2. Add peas, vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Step 3. Transfer soup to a blender and add sour cream (make sure the top to your blender is secure!). Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
That's all folks!