Also, most hummus recipes call for tahini…unless you’re literally making hummus, who has tahini in their cabinet? It’s also not the easiest thing to find in stores. SO I give you this breaking secret: you can use sesame oil instead!
- 1 can cooked chickpeas 15.5 oz
- 3 cups cooked beets chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For topping (optional--but recommended for the "pretty" factor):
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Small slices of lemon peel
To serve with:
I used sliced cucumbers, baby carrots, pita chips and whole wheat naan (Indian bread) that I grilled on a grill pan
In a food processor (or blender), add in all the ingredients...and blend. That's it guys.
Tip: Depending on your food processor/blender you may need to help it along. Stop when it doesn't seem to be doing anything, turn it OFF, then mix it with a spoon or rubber spatula. If need be, add a little more olive oil!