Unlike overnight oats, these quick oats are ready in an hour! Make in the morning before you head off to work or just wait patiently for an hour at home to enjoy a bowl with your favorite toppings.
Of course, you can absolutely make these overnight and have them the next day but by using quick oats you can enjoy them even sooner 🙂
Prep Time 1 hour
- 1/2 cup quick oats I use the Whole Foods brand
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon oat milk or other nut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter or other nut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter butter
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs, or more to your liking
- pinch of cinnamon
Other topping ideas
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
- chocolate chips
- shredded coconut
- chia seeds
Add all ingredients to an air tight container (e.g., mason jar or tupperware).
Mix well and store in fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight. Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
What do you think?