- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves or 3-4 small cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Any 1 pound of pasta I used fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 1 can of homemade or store-bought red sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Mix with your hands until combined. Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine.
Roll out balls larger than a golf-ball but smaller than a tennis ball. You should get about 12 meatballs.
In a cast iron skillet or saute pan, add about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and when hot, place half of the batch of meatballs and lightly brown on the top and bottom, about a minute or so on each side. Transfer the meatballs to a baking tray lined with aluminium foil. Repeat with the second batch of meatballs.
Bake the meatballs in the oven for about 18-20 minutes, or until they're cooked all the way through (you can test by cutting one open).
In the meantime, start boiling salted water in a large pot for your pasta. Also, place your sauce in a large sauce pot and let simmer on low heat. When the meatballs are done, add them into the sauce. Cook the pasta, drain, and serve the meatballs and sauce over the pasta!