I love this dish so much I’ve already made it three times in just two weeks!
I just love the presentation on this dish and the fact that it also tastes amazing is the cherry on top!
Dairy-Free Rigatoni Pie
You'll need: a spring form pan.
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta Tip: try to find ones that are bigger and shaped uniformly
- 1 jar canned sauce I used Rigatoni Rustic Cut roasted garlic
- 1 container of Kite Hill almond milk ricotta cheese you can find them at Whole Foods and Fairway, for example
- 1 cup dairy free mozzarella cheese I used one from Trader Joes with almond milk
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped garlic and chopped basil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook to one minute before or just to al dente (it will continue to cook in the oven later!). While pasta is cooking, heat the sauce in a large sauté pan. Mix in the ricotta cheese and stir until combined. Optional: add fresh garlic and chopped basil to the sauce as well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drain the cooked pasta and rinse with cold water until the pasta is room temperature and can be handled with bare hands.
Start by placing a layer of sauce on the bottom of your spring form pan. Place the rigatoni pasta upright, starting from the edge of the pan going in a circle and working your way into the middle. Top with the remaining sauce and really make sure to get the sauce in each pasta hole (otherwise you will have some dry baked pasta 🙁 !!). Then, sprinkle an even layer of cheese on top!
Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 10 minutes before removing the outside of the spring form pan and serving.