I was inspired to make these after seeing a few viral videos on Tik Tok and figured I would give them a try! I made my own tweaks to make it to my liking and have since made them 4 times in one week so if that’s not a recommendation to try them…!
I do like things spicy, but for this dish, I wanted to taste all the other ingredients as well so I opted to keep it mildly spicy. Please see the notes for measurements for mild, medium and hot!
If you want to check out the video of me making them, head to my Instagram page:
Spicy Garlic Noodles
- 4 oz wheat noodles I used fresh lo mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons scallions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced/grated
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan chili flakes (mild: 1 teaspoon, medium: 1 1/2 teaspoon, spicy: 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- 5 pieces baby bok choy chopped in 1 inch pieces
Bring a small pot of water to boil.
In a bowl, add in scallions, garlic, Sichuan chili flakes, and toasted sesame seeds.
Heat sesame oil in a small pan/pot until very hot. Pour over the scallions/garlic/etc. and mix. Add in dark soy sauce and Chinese black vinegar and mix again.
In the same pan that the sesame oil was in, add in chopped baby bok choy and saute for just a minute or two.
Cook noodles until chewy (for fresh noodles just 2-3 minutes otherwise follow the directions on your packaging), drain and immediately add to the bowl of sauce and mix well. Add in bok choy and enjoy!