Who doesn’t love Thai food? Well, now you can skip the delivery fees and make it at home!
This makes for a great weeknight meal because it cooks in just minutes… and an even better meal prep for weekday lunches! The recipe does call for Thai basil leaves but 100% works with just regular basil. You can also add in more chilies if you’d like.. I like a tiny kick of heat but nothing overwhelming so 2 chilies was enough for me but 3 or 4 would definitely kick it up a notch!
- 2-3 tablespoons neutral cooking oil I use avocado oil
- 2 shallots sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 1-inch knob ginger minced
- 2 thai chilies (you can also substitute 1 serrano pepper) de-seeded and sliced thin
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 large bunch Thai basil leaves or regular basil
Heat oil in a large wok (if you have one, otherwise us a large non stick pan preferably with high sides) on high heat. Add in shallots, garlic, ginger and chilies and stir for about 2 minutes. Add in the ground chicken, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks.
After 2-3 minutes, add in coconut aminos/soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and honey and mix thoroughly while still using the spoon to further break up the chicken.
Add in the chicken broth and thai basil, turn down the heat, and cook until the basil leaves wilt down.
Serve over some cooked white rice and enjoy!