This recipe has been graciously shared with me by my friends over at NYC’s Red Gate Bakery which makes some really delicious homemade treats like homemade oreos, toffee cookies, and my personal favorite, their “Vegan Vacation Loaf” that I renamed the Pina Colada loaf because that’s what it reminds me of with all the fresh pineapple, lime, and lots of coconut (shredded coconut, coconut oil, and coconut sugar)!
I followed this recipe exactly, except for adding a little extra lime zest on top 🙂 I highly recommend using a scale to get accurate measurements for this recipe. I use this one that I got on Amazon or just 20 bucks.
If you want to help support Red Gate Bakery please consider purchasing a gift card for yourself or a loved one for some delicious treats to be enjoyed soon enough! In the meantime.. enjoy this yummy sweet and tart loaf:
- 250 g unsweetened coconut milk ~1 cup
- 200 g crushed pineapple ~1 cup
- 80 g melted coconut oil ~⅓ cup
- 260 g all purpose flour about 1.75 cups, can be substituted with a 1:1 ratio for GF AP or almond flour
- 125 g coconut sugar ~½ cup + 2 TB
- 20 g baking powder ~1.5 TB
- 110 g sweetened shredded coconut ~½ cup
- 2 g cinnamon ~½ tsp
- 2 g lime zest approx one lime
- 40 g lime juice ~2-3 limes
- 200 g confectioner's sugar ~1.75 cups
Combine the coconut milk, crushed pineapple, and coconut oil in a bowl. Set aside.
Combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and lime zest in a separate bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just to combine.
Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
While the loaf is baking, combine the icing ingredients and drizzle over top of still warm loaf.
Slice and enjoy!