I’ve been on a min Asian-inspired cooking streak lately (see Pork & Chive Dumplings) so keeping it going with this really quick and easy lo mein dish! My favorite part is that you can adjust the spiciness on this dish really easily and make it not spicy at all to “I need a glass of milk” with that.
I like it somewhere in the middle spicy-wise, but see the notes for how to handle the heat! Once you make this once, it will forever be in your arsenal of easy weeknight meals (and leftover lunch!).
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons shoyu sauce or light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons black chinese vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oi or more to taste (for very spicy use 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 scallions sliced thin or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds or more to taste
- 1 package lo mein noodles 10 oz
- 1 scallion sliced thin optional for topping
Mix all ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl.
Cook noodles according to the packaging. Drain the noodles and mix the sauce in. I like to use chopsticks or tongs to do this as not to break the noodles!