If you like cherry tomatoes then prepare to be OBSESSED with them after roasting them in some olive oil, salt and pepper until they begin to burst (literally) with flavor…!
I love roasting tomatoes in this way for a plethora of reasons… whether its to add to a pasta, on top of some ricotta toast, or honestly just to scoop them into a bowl and eat them right there and then. Once you make this incredibly easy and quick recipe you’ll be making it all the time!
Things I like to add them to:
- On any toast, like avocado toast or my Tomato & Goat Cheese Toast
- On top of a good pasta, like this Tortelloni Pasta
- As a side dish to a chicken, steak or fish
- On top of a salad (cold or warm)
- On top of labne or hummus as a beautiful dip
- In a rice bowl, like my Mediterranean Lamb Bowl
- 1 ½ lbs cherry tomatoes I like to use the multi-colored ones (red, yellow and orange)
- 1 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 375F°.
Add the cherry tomatoes to a cast iron skillet (preferably, but you can also use a heavy baking dish or sheet pan).
Cover with the olive oil, season with a pinch or two of salt. Roast for 35-40 minutes until the tomatoes begin to blister.