This pasta is both dairy-free AND gluten free! It can be made vegan as well if you substitute the gluten free pasta I used for one without eggs. And, of course, you can always swap in normal pasta or ricotta cheese depending on your dietary preferences/restrictions… either way, it’s 10/10 delicious!
For the pasta, I used a gluten-free fresh packaged pasta by the brand Cappello’s which is made from almond flour (not sponsored just sharing). And for the vegan ricotta I used Kite Hill’s brand because it’s truly the best and once you add some salt, pepper and other seasonings to it, it’s SO delish!
Creamy Ricotta Pasta
- 8 oz vegan ricotta I used Kite Hill's almond milk ricotta
- 5 leaves fresh basil approximately 1 full sprig
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste (start with 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 box gluten free pasta I used Cappello's almond flour fettucine
- 1 jar pasta sauce I used Carbone's tomato basil
Add all the ingredients for the vegan ricotta in a food processor and blend until well combined and creamy and set aside.
Heat sauce in a large skillet or dutch oven and let simmer on low heat while the pasta cooks, stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta to box instructions, drain and add into your skillet with sauce. Mix and combine until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
To serve, portion out the pasta and add one heaping dollop of the creamy ricotta on top. Mix in and enjoy!